Apr 30, 2013


P A U L    M A C H N I K !

For the last two weeks Dhapanbal and I have been working and learning from the lovely and inspiring Paul Machnik and the gorgeous lady Bess who came all the way from Montreal in Canada for a week workshop in Cairns and then followed us home to Yirrkala for another weeks workshop at the art centre. This is in Cairns - just me and Dhapanbal got to go and sit in the clean tidy BIG printing space that is Djumbunji Press and I even got to make my own art alongside Tacee from the Torres Strait and local printmaker artist Hannah. It was a great week - to be in a new studio and see some new great technique as well as, of course, getting some shopping done ...  I am going to post some photos of the week here too but later ... so for now ... 

Dhapanbal and Paul 
i made her pose
with Bess at the press
in progress - and once printed
done on perspex - very cool

me 
big space and oh-so-clean

peeling up - new technique for sugar lift on aluminium plates
print nerd excitement 
 
so that was that - here we are in mirrors - we had a fun week 






No comments:

Post a Comment